Congratulations on deciding to adopt a new pet! Our adoption requirements are as follows:
- We PREFER that you have a physically fenced in yard or other physical enclosure to ensure the safety of your new dog. We will consider alternate fencing or leash only options on a case by case basis.
- You MUST be willing to return your pet to Deacon’s Hope Rescue should you decide not to keep your new pet. You cannot give your pet away or take it to a local shelter.
- You MUST understand that it may take a few days, or even weeks, for your new pet to adjust to his/her new home. Our adoption contract states that you must be willing to give your new pet at least thirty (30) days to adjust.
- You MUST be 21 years of age or older.
- You MUST be willing to travel to meet your potential new pet if you live more than two (2) hours from where your pet is located. The majority of our foster homes are located near the Perrysburg, Ohio area - but we do have in central and southern Ohio.
If you meet our requirements, please fill out the application below!